From our mountaintops to our riverbanks, West Virginians share one universal truth: We are at our best when we are united as a community.
August 1st is West Virginia Donor Day, and we want YOU to be part of this incredible movement supporting organ donation. Together, we can make a real difference by spreading the word and encouraging our loved ones—family, friends, neighbors, even coworkers—to sign up as organ donors.
Here’s something truly incredible to consider: did you know that a single organ donor can save the lives of up to eight people? That’s why WV Donor Day is on 8/1—a date that symbolizes the incredible potential of saving eight lives by one organ donor.
Whether you’re a West Virginian with a connection to donation, a local business, a non-profit organization, or even a hospital, we have the tools to help you join this wave of change. Together, we can ignite conversations that educate and inspire our community.
Let’s come together on 8/1 to celebrate WV Donor Day and showcase the compassion and unity that make West Virginia truly great!
Register as a WV Donor Day partner and spread the news
Want to be involved?
There are plenty of ways to participate. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Register to be an organ and tissue donor.
- Read up on organ and tissue donation, and help debunk common myths and misconceptions.
- Spread the word about the importance of organ and tissue donation to your friends and family.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Look for stories about organ and tissue donation within your organization. We suspect someone you work with has been touched in some way by organ and tissue donation and would be willing to share their story with others. If you have any leads, we ask that you contact us.
- Engage with us and spread awareness via social media by:
- Following us on Facebook and Twitter @DonateLifeWV.
- Sharing a post about why organ and tissue donation is important to you — make sure to include #WVDonorDay and tag @DonateLifeWV on Facebook and Twitter!
- Downloading a cover photo for your Facebook profile.
- Sharing graphics on your social channels.
Social Media Assets